Traveling has always been one of my favorite things to do but since my honeymoon I haven’t really done much. Lucky for me the hubby and I have planned a 4 day visit back to his home state of Missouri to see family. Needless to say I couldn’t be more excited; it’s been a little over a year since I have been there and over six months since I’ve seen anyone. However, traveling as a homesteader means careful planning and preparation is a must! So that means….
- Homestead Sitter (House and all the critters)
- Making arrangements to stay with family
- Plans to see almost all family and friends
- Oh! And schedule off needed days at the current day job
With all this taken care of let’s get down to packing! It just so happens a Full Moon falls on the Saturday while we’re there. So I’m planning a small ritual, but doing so without imposing on my kind hosts.
As always there are the basic things to pack like cloths, soaps, etc Here are a few of my must have witchy traveling essentials.
- Yoga Gear
- Mat (Mine is a Manduka brand)
- Current reading material
- Mine happens to be “Everyday Witchcraft: Making Time for Spirit in a Too-Busy World” by Deborah Blake and “Chakras: Seven Keys to Awaking and Healing the Energy Body” by Anodea Judith
- Mini Alter Kit
- Small Alter Cloth
- Dried Flowers
- Essential Oil Blend
- Tarot Cards
- “Everyday Witch Tarot” by Deborah Blake
Get creative with you kit! It’s your mini alter, design it with your intention in mind or a goal you want to achieve. With my plans this time I want to a more grounding, cleansing, and spring like kit. The size of your kit is completely up to you, just keep in mind where you will be staying while traveling. For me it’s always important to respect the place and persons that your staying with.
What’s in my Mini Alter Kit:
- Tea Blend
- Currently enjoying the sipping of Madagascar Vanilla by Celestial Seasonings
- Written Yoga Sequence
- Tarot Cards
- Guided Mediation